The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 30 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organisation of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, which hosts the International Office of the EYP. We are looking for an assistant to the Executive Director for a short-term contract until June 30, 2019 (with a possibility of extension). Starting date would be as soon as possible and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For earliest consideration, please submit your application by February 10, 2019.
The project assistant will support the Executive Director and the Project Managers of the EYP team in the following areas:
• providing administrative and organisational support for project implementation,
• practical preparations for events,
• preparing analyses and memos,
• providing assistance with tasks related to the EYP’s governance bodies,
• drafting reports and applications,
• preparing content for social media and webpages,
• composing invitations and other materials,
• other tasks, depending on current projects and events.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• At least one year of relevant working experience in project management and in working with volunteer organisations
• University degree (B.A. or equivalent) • strong organising and event management skills
• Very good project managements skills and strong ability to finalise projects independently and according to time and budget planning
• Very good communication skills for contact with external partners and the volunteers of the EYP
• Excellent English skills (spoken and written) is a must, strong German skills are considered an asset
• Experience in work with volunteers and volunteer organisations
• Strong interest in the aims of our organisation
• Experience in the field of informal civic education of young people
• Experience in EYP is considered an asset
What we offer
The European Youth Parliament is offering a full time or part-time assistant position at its International Office in Berlin. We are looking for recent graduates and young professionals who would like to put their skills and capacities to the test. You will be working in a young, international and dynamic team in the centre of Berlin. You will actively participate in the work and development of the European Youth Parliament and gain relevant experience in a non-profit-organisation that runs an educational programme for young people all over Europe. You will be taking over your own responsibilities and the possibility to fully contribute to an evolving organisation with your ideas and innovations.
We are seeking to fill the position as quickly as possible – please specify your earliest availability, your preferred amount of work hours per week, as well as your salary requirements in your application.
Please note that applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit.
In the online application form, we also ask you to attach your letter of motivation and your CV in English.
Please submit your application here.
For earliest consideration, please submit your application by 10th of February 2019, midnight 23:59 CET. We will be considering applications for as long as the above-mentioned link is active.
Contact person for further questions
Valeriya Boyko, Project Manager