Competence Network “Living Together in Migration Societies”
As part of the Competence Network “Living Together in Migration Societies”, the Schwarzkopf Foundation is committed to promoting the political participation of young people, regardless of their origin. To do so, it offers advisory, training and dialogue services for educators, multipliers and volunteers from the field of child and youth welfare in the context of pluralism and difference. The aim is to make young people from different backgrounds heard as active citizens of a pluralistic, inclusive and democratic migration society.
- Dialogue platforms: In the discussion format “JIK Talks“, the young network of the Young Islam Conference discusses questions about living together in the migration society with public actors.
- Educational programmes: The Young Islam Conference offers young people with and without Muslim background educational training formats in the form of a summer academy and a media academy.
- Information channels: We offer information and methods on diversity-sensitive educational work for educators from the field of child and youth welfare
- through the Instagram channel “Beyond a single story” and in publications and conferences.
- Counseling and networking: In “Ohr-vor-Ort” formats and in the Europe-wide exchange of our young networks, we promote the exchange of perspectives and provide counseling on diversity-oriented peer education.
- Youth participation: With the Margot-Friedländer-Prize and the Young Jury of the Margot-Friedländer-Prize we support young people in dealing with historical and current forms of anti-Semitism, racism and exclusion.
Together with four other organizations, the Schwarzkopf Foundation is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ) as part of the competence network within the framework of the Federal Program “Demokratie Leben!”. Over the next five years, the competence network aims to positively shape social living together through an inclusive self-image as a migration society and the promotion of equal participation and representation.
The competence network “Living together in the immigration society” is being implemented with the following partner organizations:
- Bundesverband russischsprachiger Eltern e. V.
- neue deutsche organisationen e. V.
- Türkische Gemeinde in Deutschland (tgd)
- Gegen Vergessen – Für Demokratie e. V.