FUTURE OF POSTMIGRANT EUROPE
Educational group travel to explore European migration societies
22.08. – 01.09.2021
The corona pandemic creates distance in Europe. At the same time, existing inequalities are becoming more apparent as a result of the pandemic. Fundamental values such as respect and openness are increasingly being attacked by anti-democratic and authoritarian groups: In media and political debates, migration is repeatedly rejected, and discrimination consolidated. While in fact, we have been living in migration societies for a long time.
While some endanger social cohesion with their criticism of migration, others form ever stronger alliances against that and share an inclusive understanding of living together.
The question of how we want to live in the future lies primarily in the hands of a young generation for whom pluralistic perspectives have always been a lived reality. In order to find answers to the questions of the future, we want to go on a Europe trip with you! In which Europe do you want to live? How can young voices be heard? And what do we mean when we speak of a migration society?
The project “Postmigrant Europe” of the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe understands itself as a (digital) exchange platform and meeting place on the lived realities in European migration societies.
On our educational trip we would like to enable ten young people based in Europe (five in Germany and five based in other European countries) to meet organizations, initiatives and associations. We want to make the lively migration societies visible and enable young people to pass on their knowledge and share experiences with others.
- Are you between 18 and 26 years old and do you live in Europe?
- Would you like to go on a group travel to Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands?
- Are you socially or politically active, engaged in cultural or neighbourhood work or in political education?
- Are you interested in topics such as (post-)colonialism, alliances against racism and discrimination, European history and present?
- Do you like to deal with questions about education and media, or do you already have your own (educational) social media channel?
- Are you ready to share your knowledge with others during and after the trip, and interested in co-developing concepts and modules for the classroom together?
- Do you have the time and desire to travel ten days through Europe at the end of August /beginning of September, either on site or digitally, and learn together?
If you find yourself saying ‘yes’ to most of these questions and if you are interested in traveling with us, we look forward to receiving your application!